Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Little Whine About the Swine

Swine flu that is. Well, we think it is. We've heard that Georgia has the highest cases of the H1N1 (or they did last week) and that some doctors don't even test for it anymore, they just assume that's what it is.

All four of us seem to have it. It's not actually that bad, just kind of pesty. Mild fever and coughing/congestion. J11 has been sick for five days and D7 for three. I'm not sure if I'm sick or just insane from being housebound. I have not left the house except to go to the grocery store or drug store since Friday.

OK, so that's pretty much what my life is like all the time, it just seems worse now 'cuz the rest of the family has been here with me.

It took me 40 minutes to get a hold of someone at the pediatrician's office -- does not bode well for the appointment we have in 90 minutes. Tried to avoid the whole go-to-the-doctor thing, but J11's cough is getting worse every day and D7 is right behind him.








7 comments:

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you are all going through this. I hope you feel better soon. I am making myself a little crazy thinking about the swine flu. If/When it happens to us, I'm coming to you for advice.

shrink on the couch said...

Wow, so you're all hit at once. Not sure if that is better? Get it all over with in one (five day) fell swoop. Or worse. Hard on mom caring for the little ones.

Hope you all get well quick.

Anonymous said...

How miserable for you. You're not whiny AT ALL. I'd be the queen of kvetch if I were you.

Anonymous said...

Get it over with all in one big shot, I say. We did that with the measles . . .

Get better, y'all . . .

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I hope you all get well quickly. I suppose it is better to have it all at once & get it over with

Rebecca said...

Yikes. I hope they both get better soon and that you don't get whatever they have.

That's so tough. Hang in there!

Louise said...

ICK!!!!!