Saturday, August 1, 2009

Home Alone

Today I packed my husband and boys off to the beach for four days. FOUR DAYS!!! I am home alone for four days. They have been gone for eight hours and I have to tell you -- still. not. lonely.

It's like heaven. So far I have napped, read, napped, read, shopped, bought a lot of junk food (that I'm eating in bed, thank you very much) read some more, walked the dogs, blogged, and did I mention the reading?

It was so nice to pack for them and not myself and when I was helping load the car and I saw all those annoying things my husband does when we travel that pretty much drive me insane I was practically giddy that I didnt' have to deal with it.

I'd try to write something more profound but I'm to anxious to get to the ranch dip, chips and the last 100 pages of my book.




16 comments:

flutter said...

sounds heavenly

V-Grrrl said...

I never have trouble being alone at home. My favorite part? Not having to cook or eat on someone's else's schedule and being able to watch movies without having to coordinate with someone else.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You do make it sound like nirvana.

Rebecca said...

When my husband takes the kids to the park alone for an hour or two without me, I savor every second they are gone like delicious swiss chocolate.

Mary Alice said...

You make me laugh! Enjoy.

Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

enjoy every minute, madge! woo hoo!

Becky Brown said...

Enjoy! You deserve a little me time - ranch dip and all!

shrink on the couch said...

oh yes. savor, savor, and savor some more.

Maggie May said...

absolutely marvelous and relaxing to the very cell.

Coco said...

That is what I call a VACATION. Doing just what you want, when you want and nobody around to dictate, delegate or need you for anything, Ahhhhh

Joanna Jenkins said...

"... to anxious to get to the ranch dip, chips and the last 100 pages..."

Sounds like paradise to me :-)

Enjoy!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Awesome. What are you reading?

Anonymous said...

You lucky!

Jennifer S said...

Would give anything to send my three off to the beach. Or anywhere not HERE.

Sherri said...

Everyone needs some "me" time and it sounds like you have yours! Although, I'm the opposite - I don't have kids and I work from home so I find myself lonely while my hubby is at work all day. Too much of a good thing, huh? Enjoy your reading!

Louise said...

HURRAY FOR YOU!!! (Color me green.) When we were on our vacation (which I loved and looked forward to immensely), I needed alone time so bad I thought I was going to explode. EVERYONE got on my nerves. I'm used to daily alone time, so several days without it made me a little testy. Anyway, I'm happy for you. I love the reading and napping and blogging and eating--all from your bed. You just need some mancake for a servant! (Because it's do annoying to be all settled in bed and realize you forgot something or want a different flavor or whatever.)

The funny part for me was at the beginning when you said you weren't lonely. NO KIDDING?!!! When my family leaves me (never for 4 days--I leave them for a week, but they never leave me for more than a day), they worry that I'll be so sad and lonely home alone. Are they extroverts, or will the "get it" one day?