Tuesday, December 1, 2009

this time i'm back for reals

Good grief. I was all ready to blog every day. Or every other day. Or twice a week. Or when the moon was blue. Or whatever.

And we didn't have wifi at the beach. I know, I know. Poor Me.

Yep, we spent Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's condo at Myrtle Beach. It's kind of a family tradition now. The boys were in heaven and I don't think they sat still for one second. It's just go go go when we are there, although I managed to turn most of the activities over to their dad.

I even managed to read two books -- Strength In What Remains by Tracy Kidder and Julie and Julia by Julie Powell. Both excellent.

We got home Sunday night at 6:00 p.m. and by 7:00 the fifth and final Christmas tree had been purchased. We started decorating last night, after which I was ready to murder everyone in my family. Merry Christmas to me.

So, hopefully this time I'm really going to start posting again. It seems like the first post after a long break is always a throw-away....

7 comments:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Sadly, I've had many false starts, many throw aways as I haven't had a rhythm in months.

Still, we're here. Trying. Keeping our families intact even as they make us nutty.

I think that counts for something.

Jen on the Edge said...

Five Christmas trees? I love it!

Anonymous said...

Christmas decorating puts me in a mood, too. I'm not such a fan of it.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I hope the holidays will get a little better for you and you don't have to murder any family members. :-)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Five Christmas trees? I think we need pictures.

Becky Brown said...

Welcome back! We've missed you.

Davenport Fan Repairs said...

This is awesoome